1. Remember, it's just a game. In the end it's a bunch of dudes running around with a silly ball.
2. Honor things like sportsmanship and athletic ability over winning. Be able to appreciate the skills of not only your team, but the opponents as well.
3. This is a time for gathering with family and friends. Remind yourself of that before the party. Make the conscious decision that you do not want to say anything to hurt another person over a football game.
4. A little fun smack talk can be fun, just be careful not to turn in into insults.
5. Have fun. If you don't have fun, you've defeated the purpose of watching in the first place.
6. Don't forget to take opportunities to connect with people and listen for their needs. Remember, the people you are with today are much more important to God than the game you are watching.